Make a Travel Checklist
MAKE A TRAVEL CHECKLIST OF THINGS YOU NEED
There are so many things you should have along on any holiday, that it is sometimes hard to keep track! A checklist is a great thing to have. Here are some of my suggestions to add to your own list:
- Valid Passport (at least 6 months left) and photocopies of your passport to be kept in a separate location
- Any necessary visas
- Travel itinerary
- (Enough!!) health insurance/proof of health insurance
- Travel/cancellation insurance
- International Driving Permit - if necessary
- Consent documentation for children - if necessary
- Medication and prescriptions
- Spare pair of glasses/contacts
- Money: country's currency/travellers cheques/credit cards
- List of emergency phone numbers (family, embassy, credit card companies
- Copy of itinerary (with phone numbers!) for relatives at home in case of emergency
- List of phone numbers to confirm tours/flights etc. on your trip
- Car seat/booster for children - or phone to reserve one with your rental company
- Dictionary & phrase book - if necessary
- MAKE SURE YOU ARE BRINGING IN GOODS THAT ARE ALLOWED
There is nothing more important than your health. Make sure you know how much coverage your plan provides and get more if you feel it is inadequate. Find out if your coverage covers your children's flight home if you injured or ill and unable to care for them.
You should always have proof of health insurance on your person at all times. This includes the company name and phone number. If something should happen to you or you feel ill, the insurance companies often require you to phone before you do anything!
If you suffer from an ailment, you may want to locate a hospital or clinic at your destination before you go or when you arrive, in case you are ever in need of a medical facility. Make sure you know how to say the ailment's name and its symptoms in the country's language to avoid any delays or difficult situations.
Return from Travel Checklist
to General Information Guide